Immigration SA is introducing some changes to its general skilled migration nomination policies.
All involve offering greater opportunity for nomination, with graduates of South Australia’s educational institutions particularly benefiting.
The changes include:
- Rewarding international students that have been long-term residents of South Australia
– Residing continuously in South Australia since at least March 2012
- A broadening of the high performing graduate category for South Australian graduates
– A grade point average of 5.2 and above but below 6.0 (being the existing standard) will allow opportunity for a provisional visa pathway.
- Removal of the minimum bachelor’s degree requirement under the Chain Migration category
These changes will take effect immediately from 28 February 2019.
Sources: Immigration SA, for more details, please check https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/