Agents’ fees vary depending on a variety of factors including:
- Your visa application type.
- The amount of time it will take to prepare your application.
- The level of service you need.
- The complexity of your circumstances.
- The experience and qualifications of your agent. If your agent is a lawyer or has many years of experience, their fees might be higher.
This is why it is difficult to ask a migration agent how much they charge for a particular visa type. An agent cannot provide you with an accurate quote until they have taken the time to understand your situation. This is also a sign of a good agent.
However, the Migration Agent Registration Authority (MARA) has provided some guidelines on the price range for certain visa types.
If the fee you are being charged appears to be above those published in the table, discuss this with your agent. The table is only an indication of what MARA believes to be fair.
Have you been charged excessive fees? We would love to hear from you.